Spektrix is all about bringing technology and the arts together in harmony - and that is exactly what the Business Development Executive needs to do. You are a fusion of commercial client lead, product expert and thought leader. You will work to grow our business helping us acquire new organisations who are the right fit for our product and service. You will also work to raise our profile, delivering thought leadership and be a Spektrix evangelist.
As a business one of our key areas of focus is on winning new clients that are profitable, high profile and for whom we can do an amazing job.
Your product expertise will mean you know the Spektrix system inside out and outside in. You’ll demo Spektrix to clients of all different shapes and sizes, using your consultative sales skills to understand their needs and show them how Spektrix can help transform their business. You will bring excellent communication skills to the table, and a Spektrix style passion for technology and the arts.
Your main responsibilities in business development will include:
- Develop and maintain a healthy sales pipeline, working closely with marketing and Business Development Specialists to nurture new prospects through the sales cycle
- Demo the Spektrix platform to new prospects, from C-Level through to operations, evaluating what success looks like for our clients and tailoring our presentations to reflect their needs
- Take responsibility for the sales process from meeting to demo to proposal to getting them to sign on the dotted line
- Continue the dialogue with the CEO / GM from the sales process into the ongoing relationship
- Building a network of trusted senior clients with whom we can identify new business opportunities and rely on to help raise our profile as referees
- Document your sales activity onto our CRM tools, adding insight, communication and contact details at all times
- Be an active contributor to improve the Spektrix sales strategy, constantly looking for ways in which we can amplify our message to prospects, and helping the business achieve its revenue goals
- Supporting the prospect in their transition to a client by effectively briefing our implementation and support teams
- Feed into product roadmap - capturing future client requirements and identifying potential opportunities for product development including diversification and geographic reach
A key objective of the business is to ensure we are known as a partner to our clients / the industry and not just another supplier. To do this we need to focus on raising our profile, creating and distributing thought leadership to clients, prospects and the wider sector.
Your main responsibilities in profile raising will include:
- Evangelize Spektrix with both prospects & clients - attending events, monitoring relevant industry trends, the competitive landscape and identifying risks to the business
- Raise Spektrix profile within the market, be that via sharing content across social media, blogging, event speaking and networking or providing thought leadership for press
- Thought leadership generation - create and deliver continuous thought leadership that responds to current and future industry trends / challenges / opportunities
Indication split time:
- Business development: 90%
- Profile raising: 10%
- Have proven sales experience in the B2B sector
- Have excellent communication skills - telling the Spektrix story at levels is key to our success.
- Be target driven, as well as a team collaborator
- Have a passion for the Arts
- $80k-$90k On-Target Earnings (base + commission, dependant on experience)
- 401k plan with matched contributions up to 4%
- Company paid medical and dental insurance
- Regular career coaching and professional development opportunities