SPEKTRIX is a rapidly growing collection of arts managers, marketing types and computer geeks whose mission is to help arts organisations be more successful. We’re doing this through a combination of cloud-based software and customer support, which is changing the way that arts venues sell tickets and manage their audience relationships. You’d be joining a team of over 120 based across our London, Manchester and New York offices and working with over 300 arts organisations around the UK and in North America.
This is a generalist HR role which will play a key part in the company’s People Team driving employee engagement activities across the business, establishing robust people-related processes and operating as the first point of contact for the North America team with people-related queries.
As the only member of the People team in New York you will gain exposure to a broad range of people-related activities from recruitment through to learning and development and employee benefits. We have a PEO, Insperity, to provide local legal and payroll advice and support and it will be your role to build a relationship with them and act as the first point of contact for the team, and for Insperity.
You will also work closely with the rest of the People team (based in London, UK) to inform people-related activities and strategies and will take on a lead role in our global employee engagement activities. A core part of this role will be to support efforts to encourage collaboration across teams and offices and to help the North America team and UK teams feel more integrated.
This role will report to the People Director in the UK with a dotted line to President, North America. The People Team comprises the People Director, a People & Talent Executive in the UK and this role.
You will need to be an excellent communicator with experience of working with people at all levels of seniority. You will need to be open to change, to trying new things and thrive in a busy, fast paced environment. You’ll be a person with a positive attitude who is keen to learn more about the business, understanding what Spektrix does and how we go about it.
- Manage recruitment process and onboarding of all new starters in North America including supporting hiring managers through defining their needs, designing appropriate selection processes and delivering a positive candidate experience
- Become an ‘Insperity Champion’ to ensure all North American team members get best use of the benefits provided by Spektrix
- Work with the L&D ‘pod’ to facilitate learning and development activities for North America team (identifying training providers, booking training courses, supporting individuals in identifying learning needs)
- Be the first point of contact for HR-related activities for the North America team demonstrating judgement when to escalate issues
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Run North America payroll bi-monthly
- Own the company’s employee survey and associated feedback, action planning and reporting – working with teams across the business to understand pinch points and identify opportunities to improve team members’ experience at Spektrix both at a global level, and within teams and offices.
- Be responsible for the company’s employee engagement group – ensuring the group works effectively and escalating any issues to SMT as appropriate
- Contribute to the company’s diversity & inclusion activities and input on our evolving strategy
Required skills & experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in a people-related role (interest in Arts/Tech a plus)
- Strong organisational capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities and a natural collaborator
- Good communicator
- Excellent critical thinking skills with an ability to generate innovate ideas and project management a plus
- Experience managing full-cycle recruiting desirable
- Knowledge of New York and Federal employment law desirable
- Experience working on an international team within a global company desirable
- Creative thinking skills
- Flexibility – ability to manage multiple priorities and respond effectively to the changing needs of the business
We are looking for someone who can work approximately 24 hours a week - this can be spread over 4 to 5 days.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Spektrix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Spektrix is committed to creating an inclusive work environment, where our team members are supported in expressing themselves and delivering their best work. Team members across the People Team, Employee Engagement Group and Senior Management at Spektrix dedicate time to ensure this is maintained.
Spektrix is an equal opportunities employer, we recruit regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability status and look to employ from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.Apply Here